Wednesday, June 8, 2016

No ...

It was a friend who asked his daughter, "Do you think God made a mistake with Chris?"

I don't know what the answer the daughter gave.  I don't know the exact reason for the question.

I told my daughter, "Everyone has their own right to ask this question.  It does not mean this person believes this.  But even if they do, that is their prerogative.  It does not define Chris.  It does not define anything just because a person asks such a question."

What do I believe?

No.  God did not make a mistake.

The God I know and believe in does not make mistakes.  Chris is not a mistake.  Chris is my child and when God gave him to me he was a gift.  He was a "girl" gift that somewhere along the way has transformed into a boy gift.  He's my gift.

When he was born, I was so thrilled by the baby girl He gave me.  To this day, I can see her eyes and her face.  She was given to me.  But ... it is not me that the face was truly given to.  God gave to me a person whom I was meant to protect.  God gave me a child.  Who that child would become was not a person I or anyone could define.  Who that child would become was only in God's hands ... only in God's mind.

Do I believe my child was a mistake?

No.

No.

No..

1 comment: