Sunday, October 9, 2016

Stones and Ropes ...

I don't climb mountains.

I don't even hike tall hills.

I imagine that I could do both of these things, if I had to.

At the top of a hill or a mountain, I would be winded.  I would be exhausted.  I would be bent over, catching my breath.  Then ... I imagine ... I would stand at some point and see the view.  And breathe. And then smile.  And then raise my hands up to the sky and twirl around because I finally reached the top of the thing that tried so very hard to defeat me.

That is what it must be like to be searching for who you are meant to be.  A climb.  A climb to the very top of a thing that tries so hard to defeat you.

I think that is where Chris is now ... on the top of a mountain that tried to defeat him ... but was not strong enough to avalanche the hopes in his life ...

I was one of the hopes.

Many are the hopes.

Some ... throw ropes ...

Some throw stones ...

I threw stones and ropes and stones and ropes ...

Now ... I climbed that mountain and stand at the top, raising my hands to the sky and I twirl and twirl and twirl with hope and energy and so much momentum that I hope that Chris sees me trying my very best to deflect so many of the stones thrown at him.

This mountain did not defeat me.

This mountain did not defeat me for him ...


No comments:

Post a Comment