Wednesday, October 12, 2016

This Transgender Child Is a Part of Me ...

Can you imagine?

Can you imagine being the mother of so many children who depend on you?

Can you imagine being the mother of gay children?

Of a transgender child?

I told some people tonight ... I have twins ... I said they were gay twins ... twins who are gay ... and then ... I said, "One is transgender."

You do this.

You reach a point where you tell people without shame or fear or care.  You tell them because it is your child's reality - it is your reality - it is what you and your children are about.

I never feared what people thought, yet it has and was and is a difficult thing to divulge.  My child is transgender.  It is difficult because you do not know how the world will perceive this thing.

Most people don't ask questions.  Maybe it is because I offer the information easily.  I hope that is the case.  I hope they hear my words -  know what it means just by hearing my words.  They do not need to feel that it is anything more than what I feel it is, yet you have to know that they wonder.

I have no shame.  I have no fear.  In many ways, I have pride I never imagined I would feel.

I told people tonight that I have a transgender child and ... I am at ease with them knowing this amazing child is a part of me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment